2019 Colts Burning Questions: Guard

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
fc3iicautnq2r89bepl9

» How can Quenton Nelson possibly improve upon his First-Team All-Pro rookie season?

Well, if you ask Quenton Nelson, there’s plenty he can get better at in Year 2 — which is a scary thought for opposing defenses. Nelson had one of the more successful rookie seasons for an offensive lineman in recent memory in 2018, as the sixth-overall pick played every snap at left guard, was named First-Team All-Pro and became the first Colts rookie offensive linemen selected to the Pro Bowl since Chris Hinton back in 1983. But with new offensive line coaches in Chris Strausser and Klayton Adams, as well as senior offensive assistant Howard Mudd, in the fold, Nelson refuses to rest on a successful first season and will continue harping on those techniques. “I think everyone can get better at their technique just every day with the consistency of it – like all the fine details of offensive line play,” Nelson said. “For me, it would be getting my hands inside, keeping my elbows in in the run game and the pass game and really trusting and believing in my technique.”