2021 NFL Draft: Experts' Favorite Picks & Highest Grades in NFC North

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
uhlmkgkx3njznmhtsle7

McShay's favorite selection: Amari Rodgers

How the Aaron Rodgers situation plays out is still up in the air, but the Packers did land a really good and super versatile wideout in Amari Rodgers. […] [With] or without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers needed to target a receiver. They passed in Rounds 1 and 2, which might worry some fans. But Amari Rodgers has a lot of potential, and I think Aaron Rodgers would really appreciate the way he understands different routes and finds holes in the defense.

The Clemson product is built like a running back and is very tough after the catch. But his best trait is his ability to adjust to the ball, showing great focus as a pass-catcher and controlling his body through the catch.

CBS Sports' highest-graded pick: Amari Rodgers (A-), Royce Newman (A-) and Kylin Hill (A-)

Rodgers: Reminds me of Deebo Samuel Lite. Defenders glance off him. Just enough athleticism to get open underneath and tracks it well downfield. Smaller, shorter arms and not much vertical juice. Finally, a WR for the Packers! – Trapasso

Newman: Can play anywhere up front. Balance. Great hand work. Agile. Just has to get stronger and add more girth to his frame. Smart pick by Green Bay. – Trapasso

Hill: I don't know if Packers need another RB, but Hill has serious ability. Bouncy, authoritative type who flashed quality hands down the field. – Trapasso