3 Observations from Rookie Minicamp: Bradbury, Samia Team Up on O-Line

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
rrqva91kgfvxrzhuis2w

3. Douglas does his thing

Those on a rookie tryout are trying to secure a spot to stick around after this weekend, and defensive tackle Bryce Douglas helped his cause.

The Northern Iowa product stood out on multiple plays in the session, getting in the backfield on what would have likely been a tackle for loss on a run play. He also pressured the quarterback while not biting on a play-action fake.

*Berger Bonus: Former linemen meets Bradbury

Former Vikings offensive lineman Joe Berger was in attendance Friday in Eagan.

The reliable and versatile offensive lineman who played 107 games and made 64 starts for Minnesota from 2011-17 was back in the area from his home state of Michigan.

Berger’s reasons for the trip were multifold. He was here because a former babysitter is getting married this weekend in Rochester, and he now works for Eckhart, putting his mechanical engineering degree to good use.

Eckhart recently acquired PRI Robotics out in Plymouth, so Berger visited the branch Friday morning and texted Director of Public Relations Tom West.

Bradbury said in his post-practice press conference that it was a thrill to meet the former center/guard.

“It’s awesome to see former great players and talk to them,” Bradbury said. “He gave me some advice, and it will be cool to continue to meet players who have done what I’m trying to do for a lot of years.”

What words of wisdom did Berger pass along?

“Listen to the older guys,” Bradbury said. “He actually told me, ‘Don’t listen to the older guys,’ but I knew he was joking.”

Berger laughed when told of Bradbury’s comments but confirmed he said them.

“I said to just not listen to anything Riley [Reiff] says,” Berger quipped.

But Berger did say how much he enjoyed meeting the 18th overall pick and that he looks forward to seeing how his rookie season plays out.

“It’s good to see the young guys coming in. You guys, the Vikings organization, thinks of him pretty highly based on where he was drafted. I look forward, from the fan side, seeing what he can do this year.”