Action Reaction: Vikings ‘Break Will’ of Cowboys with Repetitive Runs

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
trj6uf5qss7goehkkvsc

“They can’t stop you. That’s the good part. It just breaks your will. That’s the one thing with football – it’s a tough sport, and if you allow people to run the ball like that against you, it really deflates you, I think.”

— Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer on the effects of a team running like that

“It’s just unique. I haven’t played in a team in the NFL that does this. I’ve never been able to run the ball that well, been a part of running the ball that well, so it’s new to me. I guess when you get people on their heels, you get them a little bit tired, worn down, you can just keep going and keep plugging. I think it says a little bit about our conditioning, maybe, that our o-line and running backs have enough juice to be able to keep going 10 straight plays, too. But we’ve been able to do it a few games now, a few drives now, where it’s been just a heavy dose of run – which you just don’t see much in the NFL anymore. So the fact that we can do that is a really positive thing, and you never know when it’s going to hit and when it’s not, but we certainly stay committed to the run all day long.”