Broncos interview Brian Stark for GM opening

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
clkgd1ds53g55luadbdj

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos continued their GM search Sunday as they interviewed in-house candidate Brian Stark for their open general manager position.

Stark, the Broncos' director of college scouting, is the fifth candidate to interview for the position. Minnesota's George Paton, Chicago's Champ Kelly, New England's Dave Ziegler and New Orleans' Terry Fontenot previously interviewed for the role.

Stark completed his ninth year with the Broncos and his fourth year as the team's director of college scouting. Before the promotion in 2017, Stark worked as a national scout, a western region scout and a west coast scout for Denver.

"From what I understand, he's one of the hardest-working guys up there," 9NEWS' Mike Klis told DenverBroncos.com. "He's one of those guys that's the first one in, watches a lot of tape. There's a lot of college tape, so I guess there's more responsibility in some ways as far as player evaluation goes. I think he took the detail of evaluation on scouting reports up a notch, and they were impressed. The three years he was scouting director, they came up with three good drafts. They rewarded him with an interview, making him a formal candidate."

Before arriving in Denver, Stark spent nine seasons at San Diego State, where he worked in a variety of roles including as tight ends coach, director of football operations/recruiting coordinator and passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach.

Stark, a Colorado native, attended the University of Colorado.