Cardinals Draft Linebacker Evan Weaver In Sixth Round

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
bpokvqda7hbqkyzzxjfy

Weaver will join a crowded inside linebacker group. Jordan Hicks and De'Vondre Campbell are the veteran projected starters, while Simmons was drafted No. 8 overall to be a versatile playmaker.

Backups Tanner Vallejo, Dennis Gardeck and Ezekiel Turner all have special teams value, so it should be a good competition to make the roster. Weaver has a friendly look to him, but it belies the competitor within that is excited for the challenge of the NFL.

"I hit people as hard as I possibly can," Weaver said. "(I like) really taking the soul out of people. Once you get in the third, fourth quarter, they don't want to play any more, because they just don't want to hang with you."

Coach Kliff Kingsbury smiled when he was relayed that quote from Weaver.

"That's a bit aggressive, but that sounds like him," Kingsbury said. "When you meet him at the Senior Bowl, he walks in that room and he's on fire. He's ready to hit people in that room. That's how he wakes up and that's how he goes to sleep. That's how you want them. He's definitely going to come in with a chip on his shoulder, and that's his edge out there on the football field."

Continue reading...