Cardinals Film Room: Easy 80 For Kenyan Drake

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
vbdr7jup54zrnuffte19

Pugh paves the way: “The defensive end (Rasheem Green) was actually dropping (into coverage). So you can see he’s trying to drop here and then he reads run. He didn’t play it right, and he basically takes both of these guys (himself and linebacker K.J. Wright) out of the play, and I was able to kick both of them out. And then we were off to the races. You can drive a truck through that hole.”

Drake puts his foot in the ground and shoots uphill: “(Green and Wright) bounced out of their respective gaps, and it’s just wide open from that point. (Tight end Maxx Williams and right tackle Justin Murray) are double-teaming down, and (Pugh and Clay) are kicking out. I’m supposed to follow them regardless, so (Clay) was going out wide a little bit because (Green) was going out. Once K.J. was going over the top, I was able to just hit it from that point.”

Kingsbury enjoys the sight from the sideline: “Well-blocked. You can see he’s not touched.”

Pugh singles out Humphries’ clip of Wagner as the most crucial: “That’s what makes it go, because if he doesn’t get a piece of ‘54’ here, Kenyan’s getting tackled for a four- or five-yard gain. And then Kyler continuing the fake, and Maxx and Justin Murray do an amazing job here."

Continue reading...