Cardinals Still Attracting Free Agents

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
webbsfvh4z0za5ijyqyz

Money talks this time of year, and in most cases, free agents tend to land with the highest bidder.

However, there are instances when players set other parameters, and when that happens, organizations must be enticing enough to reel in their targets.

The Cardinals went 3-13 last season and are employing their third coach in three years, so it was fair to wonder if players would be reticent to join the fold. Less than two weeks into free agency, it’s obvious that isn’t the case.

Inside linebacker Jordan Hicks, cornerback Robert Alford and outside linebacker Terrell Suggs are among the top names that have signed on the dotted line with the Cardinals. The team has inked 11 free agents in all, which is among the most in the NFL.

Hicks emanated energy during his introductory press conference last week and feels like the organization is on an upward trajectory.

“I was pretty impressed with everything that was going on here,” Hicks said. “And excited. There’s a buzz around this team, and for me it was a no-brainer. This place is great for my family, and then you speak about football, and it’s going to be a fun team.”

Continue reading...