Cardinals Will Open Team Facility Tuesday With 'Limited' Staff

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
wmr7op4sxjgpuri34mpj

With the NFL telling teams that their training facilities can begin reopening when it is allowed under state and local laws, the Cardinals are planning to bring back a "very limited number" of staff this week, according to the team.

The Dignity Health Arizona Cardinals Training Center will open Tuesday, May 19, as part of Phase One. Coaches and players are not allowed to return as yet, as determined by the NFL. Most employees will continue to work remotely.

Any staff returning to the facility is also contingent upon the "development of a detailed plan" that fits with both NFL health and safety guidelines and local health requirements dealing with COVID-19.

The Cardinals are one of a number of teams across the league who are planning on bringing in limited staff this week. According to a report from NFL Network, the NFL will allow teams no more than 50 percent of their staff to return to the building, in a number than cannot exceed 75 employees.

The Cardinals have been holding virtual meetings for playbook installation and positional meetings, but there has been no work on the field.

"For me, it's really not that challenging," veteran defensive tackle Corey Peters said last week. "It's really the same defense as last year, as far as the calls and the terminology. A lot of it is a refresher for me. It's easy for me to retain that information. But for the rookies, I would hate to be in that situation. It's got to be really challenging because they are trying to learn entire new concepts ... and the defense is a lot more complex than what you would normally see in college."

Continue reading...