Chalk Talk: Who are best kickers in draft?

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
ub1lbghmrn1c7cggaczo

Do you think the NFL should change its overtime rules to allow both teams get a chance to possess the ball at least once even if the first team scores a touchdown?
Phil P.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois

No, I do not. I think changing the rule to let the second team have a possession after the first team kicks a field goal was going far enough. In my humble opinion, if you can’t keep your opponent from driving the length of the field and scoring a touchdown to start overtime, you don’t deserve a chance to get the ball. As it stands now, all you have to do is not allow a touchdown to ensure you get a possession. If owners decide to change the rule next week at their league meetings, I think it could actually lead to more ties and more injuries because it would prolong games.

Have the Bears ever selected a player with the No. 87 pick they have in this year’s draft?
Kyle P.
Raleigh, North Carolina

Yes, the Bears selected Dustin Lyman with the 87th pick in the third round of the 2000 NFL Draft out of Wake Forest. Lyman played linebacker in college but was converted into a tight end with the Bears. He appeared in 55 games with 21 starts over five seasons, catching 37 passes for 278 yards and three touchdowns.