Chris Streveler Lays Early Claim To Backup QB Job

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
cbmbn7qwy2hwe1zsubrc

COLE, JALEN THOMPSON BANGED UP; GAILLARD STEPS UP

Kingsbury said the Cardinals were "working through" the injuries to starting center Mason Cole (hamstring) and starting safety Jalen Thompson (ankle).

The Cardinals got solid fill-in work from backups, however. Veteran Chris Banjo came in for Thompson, who was hurt on the game's second play. Cole was replaced by Lamont Gaillard , a 2019 sixth-round pick who ended up playing 46 of the 82 offensive snaps.

"I thought Lamont did a nice job," Kingsbury said. "That's not easy, second-year player, didn't play at all last year, being at center, making all the calls and doing the things we asked him to do. He handled himself well. … I was impressed."

MASKING UP

The NFL sent out a memo Monday reminding those on the sidelines at games – including coaches -- it is a rule to wear masks during games.

When Kingsbury met with the media Monday he said he had not heard from the league "but I'm sure I will be better at keeping my mask up next week," he said.

PRACTICE SQUAD MOVE

The Cardinals signed offensive lineman Alex Light to the practice squad Monday, making room by moving safety Kentrell Brice (ankle) to the practice squad-injured reserve list.

Light spent the last two seasons with the Packers, appearing in 16 games. He was released off the Packers' practice squad last week.

Continue reading...