Christian Kirk Makes Quick Impact Upon Return

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
wxg6ajwu8hsd7sl0zyed

FITZGERALD EXPECTS TO MAKE PLAYS LIKE ONE IN END ZONE

Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald had a quiet day, finishing with only two catches for eight yards. He nearly had a critical touchdown 13-yard touchdown reception in the first half on a fade pass but couldn’t get his second foot in-bounds.

Fitzgerald was shoved out before the foot landed but took responsibility for the incompletion.

“I would’ve loved to get the other foot down,” Fitzgerald said. “That would have been a decisive play in the game. I haven’t seen (the replay) yet. When I get on the plan and watch the tape, I’ll see what I could have done better. Kyler put a great ball on me, and I expect to make those plays.”

The Cardinals settled for a field goal one play later, cutting New Orleans’ lead to 10-6 at that point.

AN UP-AND-DOWN DAY FOR PETERSON

Cornerback Patrick Peterson secured his first interception of the season in the third quarter, picking off an overthrow by Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Peterson did a nice job of landing in-bounds on the leaping pick.

It was the second interception for the Cardinals in two games since his return to the lineup after zero picks in the six games without him.

The day was a mixed bag, though, as Saints star receiver Michael Thomas had 11 catches for 112 yards and a touchdown in the contest. Peterson wasn’t shadowing Thomas full-time but was in coverage on some of the receptions.

MARSH LEAVES GAME

Outside linebacker Cassius Marsh had a big play early in the contest, bringing down Saints Thomas for a nine-yard loss on an end-around.

However, he entered the concussion protocol after the collision and was ruled out of the game.

Continue reading...