Cousins Takes Blame, Laments Missed Opportunities Against Packers

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ysvsnzihgyirpepm2jp8

“You just can’t do that,” Cousins said of his interception. “In happened last week in our game [by our defense], and we talked about it all week, how you can’t do that.

“It’s uncharacteristic of me. I can’t do it,” Cousins added. “What I was thinking was, ‘Give Stefon a chance, kind of an ours-or nobody’s thing.’ It wasn’t nobody’s, [King] just went and made a play. You just can’t do that.”

A year after throwing for 425 yards with four touchdowns for a passer rating of 118.8 in Week 2 in Green Bay, Cousins couldn’t replicate his success this time around against the Packers defense.

He completed 14 of 32 passes for 230 yards with one touchdown and a pair of interceptions, plus a lost fumble that led to a Green Bay touchdown.

Cousins didn’t mince words as he put the single-digit loss squarely on his shoulders.

“It was just a gut-wrenching loss. I’m proud of the way my teammates fought, kept fighting … but I’m very disappointed in my performance today,” Cousins said. “It just wasn’t good enough. At the quarterback position, to expect to win, I felt like with the way our team fought, we were right there at the end, as a result of the way our team kept playing.

“Walking away, I feel like I didn’t feel like I did my part today and I didn’t feel like I gave our team the chance it needed from my role,” Cousins added. “That’s very, very frustrating. Very disappointing. I’ll stand up here and take ownership of that. I had a lot of plays that did not get made, that got left out there. I think that’s why it’s extra frustrating.”