D.J. Humphries Can't Hate Former Teammate Markus Golden

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
vbmmah6g9wsjrdrvvpoa

MAX GARCIA PRACTICES FOR FIRST TIME

On Wednesday, guard Max Garcia took the field for the first time since tearing his ACL last November with the Broncos. He is on the physically unable to perform list and must be activated or placed on injured reserve within three weeks.

Garcia, who is expected to be an interior depth piece when healthy, said he feels good physically and believes he will be activated at some point.

“I feel like we did it the right way, as far as me feeling ready to go,” Garcia said. “I feel ready, as much as possible. I think I’m there. Obviously I’ve got to take live reps and work back into football shape, but as far as staying in shape and doing things in the weight room, that’s all I’ve been doing for the past 11 months.”

Garcia, who signed a one-year deal in March, is glad he can start proving his worth to his new team.

“I was just talking to somebody about how long I’ve been on the team without actually being on the field,” Garcia said. “It was an interesting dynamic. A lot of guys wanted to see how I do on the field, how I play. I’m glad they were able to see that side of me a little bit, finally.”

ANKLE INJURY SIDELINES DAVID JOHNSON

Running back David Johnson did not practice, and an ankle injury was the culprit. Johnson played through a back ailment on Sunday, but that injury was not listed on Wednesday’s injury report.

The others who missed practice were tight end Maxx Williams (ankle), defensive end Zach Allen (neck), safety Chris Banjo (illness), defensive tackle Zach Kerr (ankle), tackle Brett Toth (illness) and linebacker Ezekiel Turner (hamstring).

Wide receiver Christian Kirk was limited with his high-ankle sprain, and coach Kliff Kingsbury was noncommittal about his availability for Sunday. Linebacker Dennis Gardeck (ankle), punter Andy Lee (hip) and safety Charles Washington (shoulder) were also limited. Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and defensive tackle Corey Peters were given rest days.

For the Giants, running back Saquon Barkley (ankle) and tight end Evan Engram (knee) practiced fully and should be back for the game, provided there are no setbacks. Wide receiver Sterling Shepard (concussion), Pierre (concussion) and running back Wayne Gallman (concussion) were limited, while cornerback Corey Ballentine (concussion) did not practice.

Continue reading...