Desmond Harrison Aims To Be More Dependable With Cardinals

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
euqz8mhhmbf9pjlorsiq

The Cardinals are projected to start D.J. Humphries at left tackle and Marcus Gilbert on the right side. However, both have been injury-prone and are in the final year of their contracts.

Harrison seems like an ideal backup option but needs to prove he can be dependable.

“I’ll just show that with my actions,” Harrison said. “My guys are going to hold me accountable, as well as the coaches.”

Harrison has a pair of familiar faces in the locker room to help guide his transition. Cornerback David Amerson and running back T.J. Logan are also from Greensboro, North Carolina. Harrison and Logan met playing on the AAU basketball circuit in high school, and the big man’s athleticism immediately jumped out.

“Any time you’ve got a guy that big with good feet – we can definitely use him,” Logan said.

Despite the past problems, Logan believes Harrison can straighten out with the Cardinals.

“He just has to police himself, and I feel like he’s going to do it,” Logan said. “He’s ready to turn over a new leaf. I’m in his corner. I’m hoping he does well. And I know he will.”

Harrison is excited about the new opportunity. The Cardinals are a young team with a first-year head coach and he hopes to grow alongside the rest of the group.

“A change is not always a bad thing, so I’m good with it,” Harrison said.

Continue reading...