From The Field To The Track: Adam Vinatieri On His Future In Racing

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
tdcxhno2aq3unvqcd2da

Adam Vinatieri was intrigued by car racing before he ever stepped foot in Indiana.

“When I was in New England, I was the grand marshall for a race up in Loudon, New Hampshire,” he said. “There was a Busch Series race and there was an IndyCar race. Being there that weekend just got me fired up. I don’t know too many red-blooded American boys who don’t love fast cars.”

When the Colts signed him in 2006, the star kicker found himself in the Racing Capital of the World - and he embraced it wholeheartedly.

“If you live in Indy, you’ve got to be excited about racing. That’s just part of living here, I think.”

And he quickly developed a personal tie.

“Jack Miller and I got to be friends when I first moved here. I knew his racing background. He was an IndyCar driver. We both had young boys at the time. His son, Jack Jr., got into go-karting, which got my son excited about it,” he said. “A.J. wanted to play football and baseball as well. If you get into racing, it’s kind of a one sport forever kind of thing if you’re going to be good at it, so he backed out a little bit, but I’ve always followed Jack Jr., I call him 'Little Jack', throughout his career.”