Gabe Jackson: I want to be a part of an organization that wins like Seattle

Rusher

Mar 19, 2019
Oakland Raiders v Houston Texans

Getty Images

Gabe Jackson was the third selection of the Raiders’ 2014 draft class, following edge rusher Khalil Mack and quarterback Derek Carr.

For seven years, Jackson was a key piece of the Raiders’ offensive line. But in that time, the franchise had just one winning season. Even when the club went 12-4 in 2016, Carr’s injury prompted a quick exit from the playoffs.

But now Jackson is a Seahawk, sent to the Pacific Northwest via trade earlier this month. And he sounds ready to put all the losing behind him.

“[I’m excited about] the team, the players that I know are there, the coaching staff, the fan base, the 12s. I remember playing against them and how loud it gets there,” Jackson said, via John Boyle of the team website. “They win. I want to be a part of an organization that’s like that.”

From 2014-2020, the Raiders compiled a 47-65 record. In that same span, the Seahawks have gone 74-37-1 with six postseason appearances.

Las Vegas may be an emerging playoff contender, having finished 8-8 in 2020. But Seattle is already there — and has been for nearly a decade.