Inbox: But what a season it was

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
vgagz2qped802lcurglp

Dan from Toledo, OH

I would like to thank Russell Wilson for taking the "Does this MVP-caliber franchise QB want out?" narrative spotlight off Aaron Rodgers and putting it on Seattle.

I can only imagine how Rodgers would be getting skewered in the media right now if his name was the one attached to these reports. Yeesh.

Dave from East Burke, VT

Does Tom Brady become even more unbeatable with a Bucs year under his belt?

We're heading into uncharted territory in a way. There are quarterbacks who have played into their mid-40s but here's Brady still competing for championships. Father time eventually will catch up with him but he's not nearly as close to TB12 as some forecasted last summer.

Willy from Isny im Allgäu, Germany

Gary from Wildwood, MO asked about the overnight accommodations for the visiting teams. Do the Packers have always the same hotels in the several cities, when they stay overnight? Are you also with the team in the same hotel? What was the best hotel where you have been and why?

It's a little of both. There are cities where the Packers stay at the same hotel every year and other cities (e.g. Detroit) where it seems like I've stayed at a different hotel every time I've been out there. Overall, my favorite one is the Four Seasons Resort in Dallas.

Matt from Delavan, WI

Wes, after a season in a pandemic, do we need an asterisk anywhere in a record book?

No. All 256 regular-season games were played and the postseason was business as usual.

James from Appleton, WI

Just a clarification: the hotel in Appleton is now a Red Lion. I guess Radisson sold it a couple of years ago when they heard 2020 was going to be a pandemic year.

Duly noted.

Mike from Fort Wayne, IN

Wes, if you had become a lawyer what area would you have gravitated to and how would your life be different?

That goes back to my previous answer earlier this week about being a sports agent. I'm glad I A) flunked the LSAT and B) didn't go that route.

Rex from Laramie, WY

I liked your comment about choosing among law, history, and journalism. I was editor of my high school newspaper and really wanted to go into journalism in college, but my math test scores were (slightly) higher than my English scores, so my dad made me major in math. After a few diversions, I ended up a professor. I did OK, but I'm still envious of the job you and Mike have. Thanks for keeping us all informed and entertained.

It's like what Professor Petrovsky told Mikey McDermott in "Rounders," "We can't run from who we are. Our destiny chooses us." I'm a firm believer in fate leading us in the direction we were destined to travel.

Dave from Nome, AK

Wes, nice Robert Frost reference. Was he one of your favorites?

Yeah, just a car length or two behind Poe.

David from Janesville, WI

Insiders – after two straight NFC title games the Packers aren't too far from winning it all. We just need all three phases to do their part. Special teams have been an issue but I think a focus on fundamentals will keep them on the Maurice Drayton narrow. I'm Joe Barry excited to see what the defense has in store for us under new leadership. As for the offense? They just need to keep the gas pedal to LaFleur. I know I shouldn't have tried to be clever, but I really thought I Hodkiewicz to make it work.

I appreciate your effort and dedication to the cause.

Kristian from Aarhus, Denmark

In Thursday's II, two things combined to force me to write in. One was the name of the Buccaneers' coach, John McKay, after reading which I thought, 'Huh, funny.' Then, I read that you would have potentially pursued a career as a history professor, after reading which, I thought: 'Well, now I've got to!' John (P.) McKay is the name of the history professor, whose seminal tome on the history of world societies, was the core book when I studied history. Oh! Shouldn't II retire jersey No. 88?

Time is indeed a flat circle.

Jake from Milwaukee, WI

Wes, your answer to Lee from Brisbane was completely lame. He was posting a hypothetical and didn't deserve that. Lame. Bring back Spofford.

Monday, Jake. Monday.

HAVE A QUESTION?