Kyler Murray Hopes To Play In Season Finale

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
z4lls7lp0bfujndndt0v

Kyler Murray hasn’t missed a football game due to injury since high school.

The Cardinals’ rookie quarterback is hoping that doesn’t change Sunday.

Murray did some light work during the open portion of Tuesday’s practice, tossing the ball to receivers inside the bubble as it rained outside, but didn’t participate in movement drills as he nurses a minor hamstring strain.

He left last week’s win over the Seahawks in the third quarter, and while the regular season finale against the Rams doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme, Murray doesn’t want to sit unless he must.

“I want to finish the season out strong,” said Murray, who at this point believes he will play in Los Angeles. “Right now, obviously, I’m hopeful to play, (although) I’m not dying over it. I think any competitor wants to play a game, especially being my rookie season, being the last one, having that bad taste in my mouth from that last game.”

As for a final call on his availability, Murray said he will see how he feels at the end of the week and will listen to the training staff.

“I’m going to be smart, regardless of the situation, understanding that if I can’t be myself, I’m not going to put myself out there,” Murray said. “I’m not going to hurt the team in that way. But if I can go, I’m going to go.”

Backup quarterback Brett Hundley helped keep Seattle at bay down the stretch in Sunday’s 27-13 win. It was a tough spot after no practice reps with the offense for months, so the playbook was somewhat limited.

However, if Hundley plays against Los Angeles, coach Kliff Kingsbury said nothing will be held back.

“Shoot, I wouldn’t want anything less,” Hundley said. “If my number’s called, I don’t want to restrict us in any means. I want to go out there and win this game.”

Continue reading...