Minnesota Vikings Round 5 Recap of 2021 NFL Draft

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
jb17thmbdmj6un1mlcj9

Smith-Marsette finished his junior season in 2019 in a big way as he was the Offensive Most Valuable Player in the Holiday Bowl, scoring a rushing, receiving and kickoff return touchdown against Southern California.

He had two receptions for 46 yards and a touchdown and added two carries for 15 yards and a score. Smith-Marsette also found the end zone on a 98-yard return.

He became the second player in school history with a rushing, receiving and kickoff return touchdown in a single game.

"It put me on the radar big-time," Smith-Marsette said. "A lot of people commented about my performance that game. That's not something that you can just do on the regular, I would say.

"Especially going against USC, a highly-touted five-star-player team, they got these prospects, those prospects, but little old Iowa not supposed to be beating USC," Smith-Marsette added. "When I get in those games … that's just the mentality I have. When people overlook you, you just go out there and show them what you're really made of."