My View: Shooting in the snow at historic Lambeau Field

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
mqqmuhsbyjtnrwzonnwi

CH: When players first stepped out onto Lambeau field, you couldn’t tell who’s played there before, and who hasn’t - because everyone had the same look on their face. The kind of look you would see at the world's most historic museums and attractions. A look of wonder, curiosity, and excitement. While I was filming players make the walk from the historic visitors tunnel all the way to the field, one player caught my attention through my lens: Kyle Allen. From his first step out of the tunnel and onto the field, I could just see the excitement in him begin to rise. I could see the curiosity of his mind begin to wonder and the thoughts of how many legends and stories were made in this exact same stadium. Even hours later during full team warmups, with his helmet strapped on and his shoulder pads tightened, his excitement and curiosity remained.

MMR: Once out on the field, I was looking for ways to illustrate the frigid temperatures by finding players who were bold enough to sport bare arms and the sight of their breath as they exhaled. A frame I had in the back of my mind and was hoping would happen, was to find a player with steam rising off their head after removing their helmet. (That would come later.)