Nick Bosa Calls 49ers 'Unbelievable Fit,' is Ready to Join 'Scary' Defensive Line

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
vqggqjitiqcxdqhuaifb

Bosa spent ample time with 49ers brass during the pre-draft process. San Francisco interviewed him at the Combine, they took him out to dinner following Ohio State's pro day and then he came to the team facility on an official visit.

Those interactions with John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan and Robert Saleh left Bosa with the understanding that San Francisco was the place for him.

"I knew I wanted to go there," Bosa said. "I knew they were an unbelievable fit for me, and the people made me feel really comfortable. The area is super nice. It's definitely an amazing fit. I'm excited to go to work."

Shanahan said he believes Bosa can be a three-down player in the NFL and suggested that his play against the run is underrated. Playing defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, setting the edge against the run and, of course, rushing the passer, are already a part of Bosa's repertoire. That should limit his learning curve upon joining the 49ers offseason program.