Offseason has been time well spent for Aaron Jones, Adrian Amos

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
yyrm0gwhbarhrsrxjweg

Facing a pivotal contract year, Jones has pulled in area high school quarterbacks to throw to him, bought a JUGS machine to catch passes at home, and snuck in extra training at a local gym with his twin brother, Alvin Jr., late at night.

Their dad, in addition to feeding the JUGS machine for Aaron, rebuilt the family's garage into a makeshift gym with yoga mats, kettle bells, a ladder, resistance bands, a bench press and dumbbells.

"It's like going back to being a little kid and back in the garage with your dad working out," Jones said. "He's been there for a lot of the workouts in there, coaching me up. We've been having a lot of fun."

On the East Coast, Packers safety Adrian Amos also has been pulling double-duty. A father of two boys, Amos has learned to be "patient" balancing family time with his preparation for a sixth NFL season.

The virtual offseason program has helped bring back a sense of normalcy. Since kicking things off last month, Amos and the rest of the Packers' roster have filled their schedules with position and team meetings on Zoom.

Amos likes catching up with everyone, especially on a defense with so many returning players, but it still doesn't quite compare to the traditional OTAs and minicamp schedule.

"I was telling somebody the other day, I know a lot of people complain about OTAs, but I'm wishing I was back in OTAs," Amos said. "Just the structure and being around your teammates, even if it's only four days a week for a couple hours."