Packers shift their focus on move-in day at St. Norbert College

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
zxd0qmgfnffnmtvef09e

The Packers’ 10-week offseason program made a positive impression on Allison, who likes the big-play potential of Head Coach Matt LaFleur’s offense. He believes the overall design allows players to generate explosive plays at any given time.

As much as scheme can translate to a team’s success, so too does chemistry and that’s where the dorms come in. Allison said he didn’t know who his roommate was yet, but is hopeful for someone who keeps a tidy space.

“It brings us all together. It gets everybody together,” Allison said. “It’s only for a short period of time. We make it count. You’re in or you’re out. You deal with it while you have to, but it’s a tradition around here. It’s something that’s always going to stick and always be around. Some of the greats have been through it. We are fortunate enough to go through it.”

While “FIFA” and “NBA 2K” tournaments have been known to occasionally breakout at the dorms, most of the players’ time will be spent at Lambeau Field in the coming weeks.

Martinez admitted Tuesday will probably be Kinsley’s lone visit to St. Norbert’s campus, but he plans to make a few trips home before curfew whenever opportunity presents itself.

“I know, for me, I’ll try to find as much time as I can to get back,” Martinez said. “It’s definitely going to be tough and be crazy to see her two weeks from now and be like what the heck happened. She’s obviously the best thing ever.”