The Skinny Post: Vikings, Packers Renew Rivalry at Lambeau Field

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ffw1px3n5lvhrrcoqloy

Here are three areas to watch in Sunday’s contest, plus some noteworthy stats on both teams:

Handle the moment | By @Eric_L_Smith

Count linebacker Eric Kendricks among the players who love playing at Lambeau Field.

“Man, it’s awesome. I’m kind of a weirdo because I like going to the away games,” Kendricks said. “It’s kind of a hostile environment, and I like that moment. Home games are dope, too, don’t get me wrong.

“But there’s something about an away game when everybody hates you and you have to go in there and prove yourself,” Kendricks said. “It makes you a competitor.”

If the Vikings want to get a win in Green Bay — and make it three straight trips there without a loss — they will need to handle the environment Sunday.

Zimmer wants his team to be smart, tough and physical — traits that will certainly be needed for success in Green Bay. That includes minimizing penalties, making sure tackles, rushing Aaron Rodgers the correct way and avoiding a bunch of negative plays.

Although the Vikings rallied to a tie in Week 2 of the 2018 season, they can’t afford mistakes such as a blocked punt and dropped passes that occurred a year ago.

Packers fans will certainly be hyped for this one, but the best recipe for success Sunday for the Vikings is simply to stay true to their roots and embrace the moment of playing on the road.