Tom Brady rookie card sells for record $1.32 million in online auction

Captain Fear

Mar 20, 2019
Tom Brady Announces He Will Leave The New England Patriots

Getty Images

Tom Brady continues to set records even in the offseason.

The quarterback’s rookie card sold for a record $1.32 million on Thursday through an online auction house, Tom VanHaaren of ESPN reports.

The 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket card was autographed and graded an eight with a 10 grading on the signature by PWCC Marketplace, an online auction house and repository for cards.

“The highest sale for a football card. Ever,” PWCC Marketplace said on its Instagram account. “Only one of 100 cards in the world, even less if you consider grade.”

James Park, a known card collector and Brady fan, purchased the card.

“I lived in Boston for 10 years and so am a huge fan of Brady,” Parks said in a statement. “I’ve also had a love of collecting cards since I was a kid. Given Brady’s uncontested status as GOAT in football, this card is an important piece of sports history and of any collection.”

An autographed Patrick Mahomes card recently sold for $861,000, which set the previous record for a football card, according to VanHaaren. A different Brady card sold for $555,988 in January.

Another Brady card currently is being sold at Lelands auction house and has a current bid of $707,565.