Top Takeaways: 2019 Colts Rookie Minicamp

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
pwlrvvl61qebuqxlhhtj

» Rock Ya-Sin is trying to follow the Darius Leonard approach to his rookie year: Leonard, of course, played his college ball at an FCS school, South Carolina State, and would be selected by the Colts early in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Playing with the same chip on his shoulder he’d been carrying since entering the college ranks, Leonard would lead the NFL in tackles in his first year of the league, be named the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year and earn First-Team All-Pro honors. Ya-Sin, meanwhile, played the first three seasons of his college career at an FCS school (Presbyterian) before transferring to Temple for his final year, and was also an early second-round selection by the Colts. He wants to try to make a similar impact as his new teammate, Leonard. “I feel like Darius Leonard is somebody I look up to as far as his play style and knowing about him before this process,” Ya-Sin said Friday. “And just understanding that he came in kind of under recruited in high school and going to South Carolina State. Then getting drafted and coming in here and making a name for himself. I really respect what he did and that is what I am trying to do.” Ya-Sin wrapped up an impressive second day of practice on Saturday with an interception, causing all kinds of ruckus from the other players and coaches on the defensive side of the field.