Vikings 1st-Rounders Jefferson & Gladney Continuing Admiration From Afar

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
vldcm1mxafyjtrilr8hb

Gladney then quipped that Jefferson's surname is actually tied to his own family.

"What's crazy is that my people on my momma's side are named Jefferson, so I was wondering if I was related to this dude," Gladney said with a laugh. "Then we got picked up by the same team, and it was crazy."

Added Jefferson: "We have to check in on that!"

The first-rounders recently caught up with Gabe Henderson of Vikings.com for a Rookie Mini-Chat. The players discussed the unusual start to their NFL careers and how they have been keeping busy.

Both Jefferson and Gladney said they prefer to learn by doing, but are adapting to different circumstances and not being able to be involved in practices right now.

"It's all sort of new. I'm not used to having camp over the computer. I'm waking up in the morning, going to the iPad for meetings for three to four hours," Jefferson said. "It's all been kind of new for us.

"For me, I learn better walking through plays and being in practice with those guys," Jefferson added, "so this is something we have to get [through] and find out who is dedicated individually."

Added Gladney: "It's really different, with it being visual now. I'm more of a hands-on guy, so not being able to go out and walk through it on the field kind of adds difficulty to it. But you have to attack the day, and this is the way we're going to attack it."