Vikings Draft Virginia Tech Tackle Christian Darrisaw with 23rd Overall Pick

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ilqll0bbj2pwl7c8hoha

NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger told Vikings.com that he has high expectations for Darrisaw.

"I like Darrisaw … I thought he got better every year in his three years. He's got left tackle size, kind of reminds me of Dion Dawkins in Buffalo, just a little bigger," Baldinger said. "I think he looks like a left tackle and moves like a left tackle. Sometimes they want these guys to be like these ballerinas out there – I just think if you latch onto your guy and can keep him away from the quarterback, and when he throws the ball, your man is 2 yards away from the quarterback, you're doing your job.

"He just does a good job of staying between him and the quarterback. He's a good run blocker. I think there's a good upside on Christian Darrisaw. I mean, he's not going to get out of the first round," Baldinger added. "It's just a question of where people are going to play him. Are they going to play him at right tackle? Are they going to play him at left tackle or play him at guard? I mean, I'd draft him, and I'd see if he could play left tackle. If he can't, find another place for him. But I think he's going to play."