You've Got Mail: Draft Is In The Books

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

"Hi Darren. Like most Valley fans I love Eno Benjamin. Very excited to draft him. With that said, I'm somewhat worried his arrival will take touches from Chase Edmonds. I really think Drake/Chase need a 60/40 split. Chase was amazing in his one start. No other way to say it. And I'm becoming worried he's getting buried a little bit. He's becoming an afterthought. If we hadn't resigned Drake, I was perfectly happy with Chase as our No. 1 RB. so I just wanted to get your thoughts on the situation."

So much to hit on here, not the least of which that, yes, there are many Sun Devils here in the Valley who love Eno. But there are a significant amount of UArizona graduates (yep, I used it) that live here in the Valley that do not love Eno. That's fair. Anyway, back to the Cardinals. Eno is a seventh-round pick so let's hold off on him walking in day one and taking a bunch of reps right away -- especially if there is not an offseason.

Edmonds did not start that amazing game, if you remember. David Johnson played the first few plays with a carry before it was determined his ankle wasn't going to hold up. Chase's one start was against the Saints, and that didn't go nearly as well. As for playing time, it's not going to be 60/40. There wasn't a game last year where Kliff Kingsbury didn't lean heavily on one back, whether the starter was Johnson, Edmonds or Drake. I don't see him suddenly changing this year (but we'll see.) I fully expect the depth chart to be Drake/Chase/Eno. I think Benjamin could be a great value pick in the seventh, but we still need to see him on the NFL level.

From Geraldt Lefluer via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...