You've Got Mail: Lions Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
biyx5j7dttuk19jkqqwe

"Considering Hicks and Campbell are entrenched as two terrific ILBs (I hope we can re-sign Campbell) and Reddick is playing very solid as the backup OLB, do we start thinking about moving Simmons to safety? I know it's been mentioned before but I think its important that there is is an NFL comparison for a guy his size, that being Kam Chancellor. I'm just terribly worried that we are only two games into the season and it already looks like Simmons doesn't have a job, now or possibly years to come if we re-sign Campbell."

This is gonna be a weekly thing, is it? Look, as it stands right now, it feels like long-term for Campbell might be tough to do under the circumstances. We will see. I mean, the Cards clearly have a package for Simmons and Hicks and Campbell all to be on the field at the same time -- so this is more about Simmons than Simmons v. Campbell. But again, two games in and people want to punt Simmons and I don't get it. If they are winning, which they are, there is not a rush. I agree with Vance Joseph -- losing the entire offseason as well as preseason games means something. If he were playing safety, I believe he'd be in the same situation. I also have come to agree with my cohort Kyle Odegard, which is at his size, I don't know if playing safety all the time makes sense. If he has had a couple of issues in coverage, for instance, how does moving him to safety help? Be terribly worried about climate change, or the political division in our country, or racial inequality. Simmons' situation after two games doesn't warrant it.

From Robert Malicki via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...