You've Got Mail: Minicamp Has Arrived

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
i7y8cfx73d5wv8ka6mrp

"Hello sir. I know lots of people are wanting Julio to join Hop and Green and I know that would be a crazy havoc for everyone but that trade probably wouldn't happen. If Robby Anderson would be out there like the Panthers are searching for would it be nice for Cardinals because he knows Shawn Jefferson and he's cheaper than Julio with lots of speed? Someone that is still a free agent that I want would be Bashaud Breeland. He has visited here in 2018 but our team is better now, would it be a nice fit for us? Would Geno Atkins be good for us? Would a Jordan Hicks for Ertz trade be win win? Thank you sir."

So Julio is in Tennessee now, and Robby Anderson isn't on the trade block. The Cardinals addressed the cornerback spot with Dennard, so I'll boil your question down to Atkins and Ertz. Even though he is 33 and coming off an injury, Atkins is still a talented interior defensive lineman, so there will likely be teams interested when he is physically cleared. However, the Cardinals have Jordan Phillips, J.J. Watt and three youngsters -- and they just signed Xavier Williams -- so it seems unlikely he lands in Arizona.

Tight end, to me, is the thinnest position remaining on the roster, so any player that is available would likely get a close look. However, if trading Hicks for Ertz was a win-win, it probably would have happened by now. The base salaries transfer in trades, which could be a sticking point.

From Landon Day:

Continue reading...