You've Got Mail: Pro Bowl Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

Quick question, William. Are you asking what the player can do about it, or you? Because it feels like you might have an issue with how this has played out. I'm not sure what "real answers" you are seeking for David Johnson. The coaching staff and Kliff Kingsbury clearly decided that Kenyan Drake was the better player, based on how Drake was doing, what Johnson showed, and that wasn't changing in practice. Maybe Johnson might've done a few nice things later in the season, but if Drake already was, to me, that falls in the "If it's not broke, don't fix it category." And there definitely seemed to be a difference, even later in the season, when you watched Drake run the ball and when you watched Johnson.

As for Isabella and/or Sherfield, the former never was really getting any playing time. Sherfield was playing special teams through the end of the season so I am not sure what you are talking about there, but once the Cards used much more three-WR sets, the lower guys on the depth chart were not going to play on offense.

Continue reading...