Catching Up with Dalvin Cook: Awards, Post-Kubiak Vikings & Offseason Goals

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
vixizot0btj5q9prpv6h

Reaction to All-Pro snub

To the surprise of many across the league, Cook wasn't named All-Pro by The Associated Press following an outstanding season.

He was asked about the snub and offered his thoughts:

"Just who I am, I'm not really big on things like that, but when you go to look at the facts of the situation, everything's there to be proven. So I don't know how I didn't make the list," Cook said. "You know, the motivational part, you put it in your back pocket or in your mind or wherever you need to put it to be a reminder for you to go be great, for you to work hard that day, and the next day.

"That's what you do, and that's what I do," he continued. "I just carry it with me, and those last reps when I'm tired, you push through for moments like that."

Kudos for Kubiak

Cook had nothing but praise for former Vikings Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, who last week announced his retirement from the NFL.

After two seasons working with Kubiak, Cook said he brought "a lot of realness" to the table.

"He just always shot us straight, and that's what I love in a coach. He was just one of those coaches that you're going to remember forever," Cook said.

He added that memories over a two-year period "felt more like five years" because of the connection the player and coach had.

"Coach Kub's just one of those [coaches], he spit so much knowledge out. I was fortunate enough to have him as a coach," Cook said. "To see him go, it's tough, man, because I feel like he would still spit more knowledge out, but you know how that goes. We're going to miss him, but for the up-and-coming OC, whoever it is, I'm just looking to have a great year with him, this group. It should be fun; we're going to have a great team this year."

KinPer

Jun 6, 2023
vixizot0btj5q9prpv6h

Reaction to All-Pro snub

To the surprise of many across the league, Cook wasn't named All-Pro by The Associated Press following an outstanding season.

He was asked about the snub and offered his thoughts:

"Just who I am, I'm not really big on things like that, but when you go to look at the facts of the situation, everything's there to be proven. So I don't know how I didn't make the list," Cook said. "You know, the motivational part, you put it in your back pocket or in your mind or wherever you need to put it to be a reminder for you to go be great, for you to work hard that day, and the next day.

"That's what you do, and that's what I do," he continued. "I just carry it with me, and those last reps when I'm tired, you push through for moments like that."

Kudos for Kubiak

Cook had nothing but praise for former Vikings Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, who last week announced his retirement from the NFL.

After two seasons working with Kubiak, Cook said he brought "a lot of realness" to the table.

"He just always shot us straight, and that's what I love in a coach. He was just one of those coaches that you're going to remember forever," Cook said.

He added that memories over a two-year period "felt more like five years" because of the connection the player and coach had.

"Coach Kub's just one of those [coaches], he spit so much knowledge out. I was fortunate enough to have him as a coach," Cook said. "To see him go, it's tough, man, because I feel like he would still spit more knowledge out, but you know how that goes. We're going to miss him, but for the up-and-coming OC, whoever it is, I'm just looking to have a great year with him, this group. It should be fun; we're going to have a great team this year."
What's going on with Coach Kubiak now? I can't find any information on his future work. After he was retired from the Vikings, is he no longer employed? I found an article on wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kubiak - but it doesn't say anything about his job after the Vikings either. Probably fishing somewhere :D