'The future's bright for the Denver Broncos': Lloyd Cushenberry III heads to Denver to compete for starting job, add to offensive line

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
cxfsatbt9vdjhaqohgj1

He said he knows there will be challenges as a rookie, but he said LSU's five-man protection scheme should help prepare him for the next level.

"I feel like the biggest challenge for me is just understanding the playbook, but at the same time, I also feel like that is one of my strengths," Cushenberry said. "I put in a lot of work, as far as doing things on my own, and taking accountability to learn the playbook. I know it's going to be different from a college system, but I feel like I'm ready for that challenge and I'm looking forward to it."

Cushenberry said he'll approach the learning process the same, regardless of whether the team meets virtually or in person.

And while he had to wait longer than he wanted or anticipated on Day 2 of the draft, he saw a pair of talented offensive players head to Denver before his name was called.

"I've definitely been watching Denver make those picks over the last couple of days," Cushenberry said. "With [WRs] Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler, those are two explosive receivers, but just having a bunch of young guys around me, I love it. We're going to grow together and have to go through some things, but at the end of the day we are going to get better and I look forward to being a very explosive offense. I can't wait."