Aaron Rodgers: 'Urgency is definitely up' with limited prep time

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
qtleuhu61qivnemwa3mw

Five of the Packers' eight road games, beginning with the opener at Minnesota, are scheduled to be played in domes, which are traditionally the toughest environments for visiting teams. Whether home-field advantage will even exist in any meaningful form is unknown.

"It'll be strange to play, if that's the case, to play in some of these venues that over the years have been really, really loud … some of these domes that are really, really tough places to play," he said. "How it affects the communication, if they're allowed to pump in noise or music or who knows.

"I can say personally it will be very, very strange and sad to not see a full Lambeau every Sunday at home."

All that said, Rodgers never considered opting out on the season and said he's "comfortable" with everything that's been established to keep the players safe.

His 16th year in the NFL and 13th as the Packers' starting quarterback will be unlike any he could have imagined, but he's already enjoying being back with his teammates and getting things started.

"I savor every moment, every season. I don't take any of it for granted," he said. "There's a lot of things that are strange compared to the last 15 years I've been here, but … just seeing the energy and the smiles and the laughs, that really makes it fun."