Action Reaction: 49ers Force Vikings to Play on Their Terms

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
yt0sjbltf6geg0mcsgzl

“It was a little bit of everything. They took it took us. They punched us in the mouth, and then we didn’t help ourselves when there were plays there to be made. That pick is a game-changing play, and that can’t happen in the playoffs.”

— Vikings WR Adam Thielen

“It was completely my fault. I didn’t cross [Richard Sherman’s] face, and Kirk trusted me to win on that route and make a play on the ball. I didn’t do that.”

— Thielen

“Just really not getting into a rhythm, so they were able to just sit back and do what they do. We just never got a rhythm, and they just flew around and made plays.”

— Vikings RB Dalvin Cook

“They had good players. They did their thing. They ran the hell out of the ball. We couldn’t stop it. That’s Football 101; we’ve gotta stop the run, and we’ve gotta run the ball. That just is what it is.”

— Vikings LB Eric Kendricks

“They had a good game plan. They came out, they ran the ball, they made us go lateral, so they tried to make us play slow. That’s what they did. We got them in third-down situations, and when we did, we affected Jimmy. But they were getting six yards, seven yards, getting in third-and-short, so it was pretty hard. They had the flow of the game the majority of the game.”

— Vikings DE Everson Griffen

“Honestly, I thought we did [come out prepared]. I thought that was one thing we handled well. We came back to work, everybody studied hard; nobody was giddy and happy that we had won a playoff game. We were ready to go, but we didn’t do enough today.”

— Vikings S Harrison Smith