Action Reaction: Vikings Avoid Adverse Situations Early, Overcome Them Late

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
nailz4ezzkr9gxnraapq

Dalvin Cook caught a pass for a gain of 8 to convert a third-and-3 in the fourth quarter. He made a third-and-20 interesting with a 14-yard run, but the longer distances led to a success rate of 4-for-10 in the second half.

The third-and-11 was especially critical because it occurred one snap after an apparent 36-yard run by Cook was negated by a holding penalty. The long gain by Jefferson led to the 43-yard field goal that tied the game at 13 with 1:52 left in the third quarter.

The Vikings then erased a first-and-20 after another holding call on their next possession with a 22-yard pass from Cousins to Kyle Rudolph. That play moved the ball from the Chicago 48-yard line to the 22, and Minnesota scored the game-winning touchdown four plays later.

Postgame reaction:

"These guys, before the game, we weren't tight. I could tell in the locker room they weren't tight."

— Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer

"There was a couple times I was upset on the sideline, and Anthony Harris said, 'Coach, just call the game. We're going to win.' They keep me in line, too."

— Zimmer