After 7 Seasons Together with Vikings, Thielen & Rhodes Prep as Foes

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ga3azw0ylwj5f4x5jksn

Thielen totaled six receptions for 110 yards and two scores on Sunday, continuing a string of impressive performances in four consecutive Week 1 games, despite Minnesota only possessing the ball for 18:44.

Including Sunday, Thielen has recorded 24 receptions for 412 yards and three scores in his past four Kickoff Weekend games. His past three Week 2 efforts also have been impressive: 22 receptions for 250 yards and a score.

Asked if he expects trash talk to occur with Rhodes, Thielen said, "Oh no, not at all."

"I'm excited to see him; he's a friend of mine and obviously was a fantastic teammate," Thielen said. "So, excited to see him. He knows me just like I know him, so it definitely creates another challenge because he knows what I like to do, how I like to run routes, how I do certain things, and vice versa. So it creates a challenge, that's for sure, but that's just how this league works. You figure it out on the fly and you go against who you gotta go against."

Rhodes, who was released in March, told Indianapolis media members this week that "It's all love" between him and the Vikings.

"I was there for seven years," Rhodes said. "It was a brotherhood when I was there, and it's still a brotherhood to this day. So it's going to be good going against those guys. When I was practicing against those guys when I was there, we were competing each and every play, so it's going to be the same right there on the field. But I'm going to be able to tackle them this time."