Bring It Back: A trip down memory lane

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
o5bd8lvh0ae3vw6evjxi

So to kick this off, I’ll go first.

This will probably be the most popular response because it was just that good. Yep, I’m talking about when the Panthers took down the Greatest Show on Turf in January of 2004. To be honest, I was 10 at the time and didn’t fully understand how big of a deal it was to beat this particular Rams team. But I do remember how the first overtime ended with a Delhomme sack and how he got up looking frustrated. I thought, for sure, the Rams would win. I mean they got our quarterback all confused! (Cut me some slack, I was 10.)

Then, it happened! On the very next play, with three Hall of Honor inductees on the field, Delhomme found Smith on a beautiful pass down the middle of the field. Let’s not forget this was on third-and-14 thanks to that sack I was so distraught over. As soon as Smith slipped through the secondary, my house erupted with cheers!

I may not remember much else about that game, because like any typical 10-year old I’m sure I was distracted with other things. But I remember the cheers from the living room and the conversations years later.

Is this your favorite game too? Tell us about it! And remember, if you send us a video telling your story we may show the guys themselves.

Post your video on social media tagging @ncarolinecann or send to Content@Panthers.NFL.com. We can't wait to relive your favorite moments!