Broncos, Briefly: Friday, July 19, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
yxru1t4wvwpwu2jsswa6

“Cautiously optimistic”: Broncos Country welcomes change as 2019 team debuts at training camp (Sam Tabachnik, The Denver Post)

Sarah Whittaker walked briskly toward the entrance of the UCHealth Training Center in Englewood on Thursday morning, clad in a blue Brandon Marshall No. 15 jersey. The sun shone bright, the sky a deep blue. Fans tossed footballs in the parking lot. Whittaker couldn’t stop smiling.

While some couples celebrate their marriage with a fine bottle of wine or an expensive meal, Whittaker and her husband spent their 16th wedding anniversary watching their beloved Broncos suit up for the first time this season.

Broncos training camp rewind, Day 1: A recap of the first practice (Ryan O'Halloran, The Denver Post)

CB De’Vante Bausby. Intercepted a pass thrown by QB Kevin Hogan and tipped by LB Alexander Johnson. “I had the ‘squat’ (zone coverage) so I gave my guy a shove and then (safety) Su’a Cravens took his vertical route,” Bausby said. “There was nobody in my vicinity so when (Hogan) checked down to the running back, (Johnson) tipped it — I was in the right place at the right time.”

And on first day of camp, Broncos fans could see Flacco has no competition for starting QB (Mike Klis, 9NEWS)

For the first day, Broncos fans could see the only quarterback competition is for second string, where veteran Kevin Hogan is trying to hold off Lock. Flacco is the unquestioned starter, although a starter with a lot to prove.