Broncos, Briefly: Friday, May 10, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
hyxn3difg4psqcjlsbf2

Broncos rookie camp: Story lines as Drew Lock, Noah Fant, Dalton Risner hit field for first time (Ryan O'Halloran, The Denver Post)

Led by first-round tight end Noah Fant and second-round picks Dalton Risner (guard) and Drew Lock (quarterback), the Broncos will hold rookie camp Friday through Sunday leading into the start of full-squad organized team activities on Monday.

‘Gameday Staff Draft’ recruits workers for Broncos Stadium (Alexander Kirk, 9NEWS)

The Denver Broncos and Stadium Management Company (SMC) will host a "Gameday Staff Draft" on Saturday, June 1 in an effort to recruit new staff members to the organization.

How one of Noah Fant’s greatest football failures served as a springboard for his rise (Ryan Koenigsberg, BSN Denver)

For a young player who was chalked full of potential that he hadn’t quite reached yet, a heartbreaker like that could have very well stunted his development. He could have gone into a shell and drifted away from the spotlight.

But a familiar message from his father and long-time football coach, Willie Fant, rang inside his head.

Remembering Bob Zeman, former Broncos assistant coach and All-AFL safety (Aric DiLalla, DenverBroncos.com)

“I was very fortunate, because I played with him and I coached with him,” Ring of Famer Lionel Taylor said. “We played with the Broncos, then I played against him and then I coached with him in London. As a player, he was a great reader of the quarterback’s eyes. He could read the quarterback. He was very smart as a player. And I got to know him as a coach. I’ve got news for you: We grew very close together as coaches. He taught me quite a bit about defense. I found out too he was a great, great person. You didn’t know it from looking at him, but he was really a funny person.

“Of all things about him though, he was a great family man. He loved his family and he was a great person. He treated everybody the same. You could see he cared for you. That’s the thing. He didn’t just coach people, he cared for them. I’ll bring up Goose Gonsoulin. Those two were so close together that it was like they were twins. But the one thing I’ll say about Bob Zeman is that Zeman was a great friend of mine, and I will miss my friend — no doubt in my mind. So condolences to the Zeman family and all.”