Broncos, Briefly: Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
y4dcl4n6tvqruassarwp

For Vic Fangio, journey to Broncos’ head coach nearly 40 years in the making (Ryan O'Halloran, The Denver Post)

“The type of coach he is, he knows how to get the best out of everybody,” Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller said. “If you can make it to a head-coaching job in the National Football League, you have something special about you. We’ve had that earlier with coaches we had, but Coach Fangio is something else. I feel he can get the most out of all the players, including myself.”

An NFL legend in his own right, Peyton Manning takes a trip through the league’s history — and collects his own keepsakes — in Peyton’s Places (Dan Pompei, The Athletic)

From the time he was a toddler, Manning had a press box seat, sideline pass or locker room access, courtesy of Archie. After Archie’s home games with the Saints, while Archie was receiving medical treatment or talking to the media, Peyton and his big brother Cooper would run to the Super Dome field with a wad of tape to play their own football game.

Broncos Position Preview: Additions give secondary needed versatility (Ryan O'Halloran, The Denver Post)

Fangio craves versatility. Last year, Harris had to play the slot because there was nobody else. This year, depending on the opponent, Fangio could deploy Harris, Jackson or Callahan to cover inside.

The plus for Harris is he could be assigned to shadow the opponent’s No. 1 receiver regardless of where he lines up, which means more targets and more takeaway opportunities.

'I'm ready': Phillip Lindsay prepared to return to field (Aric DiLalla, DenverBroncos.com)

Lindsay, who suffered a wrist injury in the Broncos’ penultimate game of the season, emphasized that the Broncos’ coaching and training staffs would make the final decision on the timing of his return.

Raekwon Davis to Broncos? Albert Breer NFL mock draft sends Alabama defensive lineman to Denver (Kyle Fredrickson, The Denver Post)

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated released his second annual Christmas-in-July NFL mock draft this week and he projects the Broncos to select Alabama defensive tackle Raekwon Davis at No. 10 overall. What might that mean for Denver?