Broncos select C Lloyd Cushenberry III with 83rd-overall pick

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
k2v4rvzluhjeqzvtwoey

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos added to their offensive line in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft by drafting LSU center Lloyd Cushenberry III.

Cushenberry was a second-team All-American in 2019 and a first-team All-SEC player. He was also a team captain, LSU's MVP and a member of the nation's best offensive line.

He started all 28 games for the Tigers over the last two years and appeared in 39 career games.

"I can't wait to get up there and meet my new teammates and everyone [that's] a part of the organization," Cushenberry said Friday. "The future's bright for the Denver Broncos. I can't wait to be a part of it and try to do my part to get some wins."

Cushenberry could be an instant impact player, as the Broncos need to replace Connor McGovern at center.

"I was expecting to go a little bit higher [in the draft], but I'm glad to be a part of this organization now," Cushenberry said. "It is what it is, and I'm happy to be a part of such a great group of people. I can't wait to get to Denver and just go to work."

The Broncos have now added to the offensive side of the ball with three of their first four picks. Denver also drafted wide receivers Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler.