Broncos select WR Tyrie Cleveland with 252nd-overall pick

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
msmbuuih427zax1jnls2

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos added one last piece to their offense when they drafted wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland with the 252nd-overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Cleveland appeared in 46 career games for the Gators during his four-year career and caught 79 passes for 1,271 yards and eight touchdowns.

"I bring a lot of speed," Cleveland said. "I bring a lot athleticism. I'm a guy that's going to come in, try to win games for the organization and bring this organization back to a Super Bowl. I'm ready to work. I'm ready to come in, work hard and compete. I'm ready to bring a Super Bowl back to Denver."

Cleveland started 26 games — included 12 in 2018 — and recorded a career high in receptions in 2019.

The former Gator could also contribute on special teams, where he saw extensive time at Florida.

"Whatever the coaches want me to do, [wherever] they have me at, I'm just going to come in and work hard and try to do my best to go out there and make plays and continue just to fight and continue to get better," Cleveland said.

The Broncos added three wide receivers in the draft, as they took Jerry Jeudy in the first round and KJ Hamler with their second pick.