Caleb Farley wants to clear the air, corner the market

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
tewotru1yvu67umrnkfm

Farley also missed one season at Virginia Tech with a torn ACL, and played in just 23 college games. Last year, he was the first major college player to opt out of the season because of concerns about COVID-19, but the small amount of film teams have on him show a fluid and athletic corner, who can match up and run with any receiver.

Farley, who grew up in nearby Maiden, N.C., also spoke as honestly and openly about his plans to stand out in the NFL. He casually — and humbly — mentioned things like "I know I possess a very elite ability, in my athleticism and my quickness with long-term speed and my football IQ of the game."

"At this point, words aren't going to do it anymore," he said. "Time will tell. My mentality and my abilities are special. Time will tell, though."

He's also not about to back down from challenges, saying he anticipated being a day one starter and the kind of defender teams can count on shutting down half the field.

"I would love a coach to come to me and say: 'Take out this team's best wide receiver this week. If he goes for 150 receiving yards, it's on you,'" Farley said. "I would love that."

That's a bold statement.

But as he proved Friday, when he addressed all 32 teams about his medical condition before breaking it all down again in unexpected detail for reporters, he's not afraid to cover the topic as directly and thoroughly as he covers receivers.