Cardinals Have Two Players Test Positive For The Coronavirus

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
b2qo69s7jb9ttbzg2ear

The Cardinals had two players test positive for COVID-19 over the weekend, coach Kliff Kingsbury confirmed Monday morning.

He added that the contract tracing showed interactions with the those testing positive was limited and that all the tests Sunday came back negative, "so we're moving forward with it."

The Cardinals will still hold a scheduled practice Monday afternoon.

"It'll be business as usual," Kingsbury said.

Because the players were around all last week for testing and working out more, Kingsbury said "I don't see this being a problem moving forward" in terms of the positive tests derailing their post-bye focus.

"I talked about it since July or training camp, it wasn't a matter of if, it was a matter of when this would occur," Kingsbury said. "The teams that handle it the best, those teams are going to be at the top of this deal.

"As these things pop up, we have to be able to move forward, next man up, all these things we've talked about throughout the season. I think the guys have a good understanding of how we'll handle this, how we'll move forward, and we can't let it affect our mentality or how we approach next week's game."

Kingsbury declined to say which players tested positive. Wide receiver KeeSean Johnson had been the only Cardinal so far this season who had landed on the Reserve/COVID list, having been put there just before the regular season. If there are any Cardinals to go on the list in this situation, it would be later Monday.

The Cards are scheduled to host the Miami Dolphins on Sunday at State Farm Stadium.

"It's pretty fluid day-to-day, but I feel like having the all-negative (tests) come back from Sunday was a big step in the right direction," Kingsbury said. "I'm hopeful that continues throughout the week."

More to come on azcardinals.com.

Continue reading...