Cardinals Return To The Field Under Kliff Kingsbury's Watch

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
osghfpalsjiyxuvvlevg

Kingsbury declined to get into draft conversations again, saying he’d let what he and GM Steve Keim said in last week’s pre-draft press conference stand. But when asked whether plans for the top pick were solidified, Kingsbury said not yet.

“We’re still working through it,” Kingsbury said. “I wouldn’t say the hay is in the barn.”

Rosen, Kingsbury added, has done “everything humanly possible to show what type of quarterback he is, what type of competitor he is.”

“I’ve said it all along, I couldn’t be more impressed with his approach,” Kingsbury said. “He’s a top 10 pick for a reason. You see it (on the field).”

Kingsbury likes the idea of being able to get the players on video, which will allow the coaches to break down individual’s games and create teaching points for the classroom. That’s the most important part of the week.

But Kingsbury also spent time teaching the quarterbacks and Rosen. Kingsbury said he didn’t have to address the team about the speculation around the draft, including potentially taking quarterback Kyler Murray. The conversations he’s had with Rosen on the subject remain private, he said.

“I’m going to keep going back to the way (Josh) has handled it and his professionalism, and the way he’s led,” Kingsbury said. “The way he’s done everything we’ve asked of him. That’s the sign of a true pro.”

Continue reading...