Cardinals Stay The Course Heading Into Crucial Game Against Giants

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
o9q32gkbvbjnftilczda

The Cardinals' offense had one of its worst games of the year against the Rams last time out, totaling only 232 yards due to an abominable first half. Murray was limited on the ground for the third straight game and only averaged 4.4 yards per pass attempt.

Kingsbury and Murray have been criticized heavily this week, but running back Chase Edmonds says the blame should spread further.

"You know how it goes," Edmonds said. "Quarterback and coach are going to take the heat, first and foremost. Football is a team game. There are 11 men on the field at one time, and we've all got to find a way to help Kyler out, help him get better, help him feel more comfortable. It's clearly not on those two at all."

Murray said external opinions don’t faze him. He is concentrating on getting the offense back on track after three consecutive games of substandard performance, and doesn't see a need for panic.

"I'm being serious when I say we've just got to go back to practice," Murray said Wednesday. "We've got to be better each and every day. We've got to execute better. We've got to pay more attention to details. We're not far off."

The Cardinals' defense was on the field too much against Los Angeles, but even so, the performance was poor in the fourth quarter, when the Rams kept answering Cardinals scores with touchdowns of their own.

The Giants have struggled offensively this season, and quarterback Daniel Jones is listed as questionable to play, but it would be a surprise if he did not.

"I believe he's the guy that's going to be in there," safety Budda Baker said. "(I'm watching) as much Daniel Jones film as I can."

The Giants are riding high right now, as four straight wins have zoomed them into first place in the NFC East after a 1-7 start.

The Cardinals have a better record, but it sure doesn't feel like it because of their downward trajectory. While others are sure the sky is falling, the team seems to be keeping an even keel, led by its head coach.

"It's a hard league, and when you invest so many hours each week, it's easy to be broken after those losses, but he's always so positive," Joseph said.

Kingsbury said it's not in his nature to ride the emotional waves.

"I just try to be consistent in my approach," Kingsbury said. "That's how I am generally, and I don't waver based upon wins and losses. If we're not playing at a high enough level, I'll definitely let people know. When we need to get things corrected, we'll let them know. But I'm not going to come in here and be a doomsdayer. It's just not who I am or what I want this place to be about."

Continue reading...