Chalk Talk: How serious is Clinton-Dix injury?

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
ub1lbghmrn1c7cggaczo

I’m planning to head down to Bourbonnais this weekend and was wondering when the Bears will hold their first padded practice.
Jon H.
Bolingbrook, Illinois

The Bears are scheduled to practice in pads for the first time at 8:15 a.m. Sunday. It will be their third workout of training camp. In their first two practices, they’ll wear helmets and shells just like during the offseason. Their first workout kicks off at 3 p.m. Friday and is closed to the public. The first practice that’s open to fans will begin at 8:15 a.m. Saturday.

Will Matt Nagy make any changes to how he operates training camp in his second season as Bears head coach?
Fred A.
Oxnard, California

The reigning NFL coach of the year will make some subtle changes to the training camp schedule in his second season with the Bears. Here’s what Nagy had to say Sunday in Decatur about how this year’s training camp will be different: “We have a slight change to our installation times. You’re always trying to adapt and take feedback from players and coaches on how we do things. First year, last year, I stuck to a schedule that I knew for a lot of years. So we’ll have some slight changes to how we’re installing a little bit earlier and flipping our walk-through, which will be a little bit later. And then the other thing, too, we’ll shut down about an hour earlier, which I think will be crucial to the guys to be together and get more sleep.”